Thursday, November 7, 2013

Saying Goodbye


Darins plane was scheduled to leave at 6:30 am so we woke bright (ok dark) and early at 3:30. We didn't get much sleep because we were up late getting him packed and making sure we had everything. We were doing a lot of last minute shopping! We headed off to the airport and got him all checked in. It just so happened that a friend of mine at the Delta check in didn't charge him for his overweight bags so blessing number 1! He may not be so lucky getting out of the country! There were several other missionaries leaving on his flight which led to lots of teary family members at the checkpoint. Giving my son his last hug and watching him go through security is one of the hardest things I have ever done in my life. I was so filled with emotions as he has been by my side his whole life and is my rock.

His father picked him up at the airport and took him to lunch then he reported to the Provo, UT MTC at 12:30 on October 2nd, 2013. It sure felt different as Emma and I spent the first night home alone. We both were in tears several times. This is a picture of Darin in front of the MTC.


No comments:

Post a Comment